Yesterday I attended a Google Partners Kick Start meeting at Google HQ in London. I took a bunch of notes, so here's a brief summary.
Some of the stats I paid attention to...
- Digital advertising is the biggest market in the UK, even bigger than TV advertising.
- Display marketing is the fastest growing - Why? because it is more visually enticing and engaging.
- 75% of British mobile users are on smartphones.
- Smartphone users spend 2.5 hours looking at their phone each day.
- Jaap Stam was still a good defender even though he made fewer tackles than his team mates.
- 55% of fashion is bought through mobile.
- 49% of all online transactions are mobile.
- 65% mobile commerce is through apps.
- Everyday 2 years of content is uploaded to Youtube - this is a fantastic opportunity for displaying marketing. Check out The YouTube Director for business app.
Ways to help you win Google AdWords Business
- Sign up to Google Partners.
- Get to know your Google AdWords Agency Development Manager.
- Hold meetings/pitches at Google offices in London & Manchester.
- Run local seminars and workshops - share your knowledge.
- Ask your existing clients for referrals.
- Offer account audits. (Caution! don't create extensive reports, quick verbal telephone audit will suffice)
- Offer proof of concept trial periods.
- Offer data analysis and audit projects to prospective clients.
Ways you could charge clients for Google Adwords management
- Percentage of budget spend.
- An hourly rate.
- Flat fixed fee.
- Performance-based fee .